TERMS & CONDITIONS
Website Terms and Conditions of Use Relating to https://www.gratus.co.za/
These Terms and Conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) govern you (“the User”) use of the Gratus Tooling Industrial Supplies (Pty) Ltd (“Provider”) website located at either domain name https://www.gratus.co.za/ (“the Website”). By accessing and using the Website, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out in this legal notice. The User may not access, display, use, download, and/or otherwise copy or distribute Content obtained on the website for marketing and other purposes without the consent of the Provider.
Gratus Tooling Industrial Supplies (Pty) Ltd will herein forth be referred to as “our”, “we”, “us” or “Gratus”.
The purchaser will herein forth be referred to as “you”, “your” or “customer”.
By using this Website or communicating with the Provider by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in writing.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions and affiliate pages
Gratus Tooling Industrial Supplies (Pty) Ltd reserves the rights to change, modify, add or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions and affiliate pages from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions and affiliate pages will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions and affiliate pages at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and affiliate pages, including such changes or updates.
What form of payments do we accept?
· We only accept Cash and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) as valid forms of payment.
· Credit cards and/or Debit Cards are NOT accepted.
· We do not under any circumstance accept cheques as payment.
Do we accept forex?
· We prefer not to accept forex as a form of payment.
· Forex will be accepted only on special prior arrangements.
Are there any terms to payments?
· On receipt of a cash payment, goods are ordered or released immediately.
· EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) payments require clearance into our bank account before the goods will be released or ordered.
· FNB and Rand Merchant Bank payments will reflect immediately if paid during normal working hours, whereas all other banks may take 48 hours.
· Proof of payments for EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or cash deposits are not accepted, and the products will not be released or ordered until reflected in our bank account. This may take 48 hours.
· Cheque payments will be reversed and carry a 7.5% administration fee on the value of the deposited cheque, this will be added to your account and is payable before the goods will be released.
Do these payments carry service fees?
· Cash and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) payments carry NO service fee.
How do you open an
· Account applications are ONLY processed for existing customers who have traded continuously for a period exceeding 6 months. This does not mean that the application will be approved.
· You may request a credit application form from our sales or accounts department.
· You will need to fill in the credit application form and send through all the required documentation to email@example.com for processing.
· You will be notified if your account has been approved and of your credit limit and terms.
· Your account will only be activated once ALL ORIGINAL application documentation has been received by the accounts department.
· No products will be release unless payment has been made and reflected in our bank account.
· All fraudulent payments are reported to the FNB Fraud Department for further investigation.
· We have ZERO TOLERANCE pertaining to fraudulent payments and actively assist the FNB fraud department with their investigation.
Who carries my products warranty?
· All new product
warranties are carried by the manufacturer or importer.
· Gratus provides a service as an intermediary between the customer and the manufacturer or importer and takes no responsibility or liability for the outcomes of the warranty.
What is covered by
your products warranty?
· Most mechanical parts are covered within reason of fair wear and tear. Fair wear and tear is at the discretion of the manufacturer or importer and in no way, reflects the views of Gratus & Gratus.
· Most manufacturers or importers have warranty policies readily available for customer perusal via their website, please contact our sales department on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to know the relevant information.
· ALL electrical parts are exempt from warranties, no exceptions apply.
How long is your warranty valid for?
· Most new products carry a 1 (one) year mechanical warranty.
· Some manufacturers and importers carry different warranty terms, please contact our sales department on email@example.com if you wish to know the relevant information.
How do you claim your warranty?
· Your warranty card is kept safe by us for your convenience.
· We require you to bring the machine and the original Gratus invoice to us in order for us to claim the warranty on your behalf.
· Your machines serial number is to be legible. If there is no serial number, there is no claim.
How long does it take to process a warranty claim?
· The machine is investigated by the manufacturer or importer and a report on the findings is sent to us. The time in which this takes is entirely at the manufacturer or importers discretion and is completely out of our control.
· We do try to retrieve an answer as fast as possible and on average it takes 5 – 7 working days to receive the report. This however is only an average and it may take longer.
What does the report state?
· The report states if the manufacturer or importer is willing or not to claim the machine or parts under warranty.
What happens to your machine after the report?
· If the warranty is accepted, the manufacturer or importer will replace or repair the machine. It is your responsibility to collect the machine from our premises and test it onsite to see if you are happy. We do not accept any responsibility if the machine is shipped without an onsite test.
· We provide the accepted warranty claim to our customers free of charge.
· If the warranty claim is rejected and a repair is necessary, an official Gratus & Gratus quote will be generated and forwarded to you for your perusal. You may then either approve or reject the quote, at which point please see the Repairs & Servicing Policy.
· If we suspect a fraudulent claim, your fraudulent machine will not be claimed upon and the correct machines warranty will be cancelled.
· A fine of R 500.00 will be charged to your account and is payable in order to release your fraudulent machine for collection.
REPAIRS & SERVICING POLICY
How do I get my
· You bring your product into our factory, it will be assigned a job card number and join the queue for the next available technician.
· You will receive an official Gratus job card.
· Upon leaving your product with us you accept that you are the legally appointed official or owner of the product, all information given to us is true and correct and that the product is free from any accessories that can be removed from the product.
· If it is a larger machine that requires onsite repairs, a technician will be sent to your property to assess the machine for a quote to be generated. Gratus Tooling Industrial Supplies (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to accept or decline any request for quotations for onsite repairs.
· All repair quotes of any nature required written confirmation of approval. Verbal approvals will not be accepted.
· Some repairs require a deposit; this will be conveyed to you by the sales department.
How long does a repair take?
· This all depends on how busy the workshop is and the availability of our technicians.
· Usually it may take between 2 -7 working days to generate a quote for your approval on machines brought into us, whereas this may take longer depending on the location of the onsite repair.
· For larger machines where parts require manufacturing, the time will be calculated and conveyed to you in the quote.
· Once approval has been received, parts are sourced and/or manufactured. Repairs will take place roughly 2–3 working days for machines which are brought to us. Large, onsite machine repairs will be attended to as soon as possible. Please note these times are estimations and may vary.
What is our strip
· Most products require disassembly to ascertain the fault in order to provide an accurate quote.
· If a quote is declined, the machine is returned to the owner disassembled unless the owner requests that the machine be reassembled. This service carries a fee of R 495.00.
Should you service your machines?
· We always advise that prevention is better, more cost effective and efficient on production than the cure.
· Servicing your machines regularly will prolong its life span and will give you the performance and productivity you received when it was new.
· Servicing is not only for the commercial sector but for the DIY enthusiast too. Keeping your machine well maintained and serviced will provide you with many happy hours of work.
· We have scheduled service plans. We recommend one-year intervals for DIY machinery and a maximum of six-week intervals for commercial production machinery
What happens in a service?
· A service is carried out only by our most senior technicians.
· They perform a full check-up of fluids, greases, electrical connections, re-setting and squaring of stops, valve and pressure checks, etc.
· Wear and tear on certain items if left unchecked can wreak havoc. Servicing your machinery allows our technicians to potentially spot points of weakness and perhaps save you on costly oversights.
How much does it cost?
· Our hourly rate varies based on the product being repaired, the more complex the product the higher the hourly rate. This rate will not exceed R 540.00 per hour.
· Spares or manufactured repairs are quoted separately and are dependent on what needs repair or replacing.
· Large onsite repairs require traveling. The travel KM’s are billed at the Automobile Association of South Africa’s rate and a certificate will be issued to validate the rate if requested. Travel time is billed at the maximum hourly rate (R 540.00), we hold no responsibility for any delays caused by road works, traffic, police roadblocks, etc.
· All toll fees, e-tolls etc. are billable and will be quoted.
· Work will only commence on a repair or service once 60% of the quoted cost has been received in our bank account.
· Once the repair or service is completed the balance is to be paid and reflected in our account before collection or delivery.
· For onsite machinery, the balance is to be paid on completion of the repair or service. If payment is not received within 48 hours of the repair or service, Gratus Tooling Industrial Supplies (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to disconnect the machine in any way it sees fit to make it non-functional without damaging the machine until payment is received. The re-connection carries a fee of R 5,000.00, this is exclusive of any travel that is required and is payable in full along with the balance for re-connection to take place.
· Any product that has been quoted and is awaiting approval, the quote has been declined or the product is ready for collection in any form or manner that is not approved or collected within five (5) business days, will carry a daily storage fee of R150.00 and is payable in full before said product will be released.
· Any product which is ready for collection in any form or manner, which has not been collected within three (3) months will be sold to defray expenses.
RETURNS, EXCHANGE & REFUND POLICY
How much time do you have to return / exchange a purchase?
Returns must be within ten (10) days of purchase. If ten (10) or more days have passed since the date of your purchase, unfortunately we cannot offer you a full refund or exchange.
Are you eligible for a return / exchange?
· To be eligible for a return / exchange, your product must be within the 10-day period, unused and in the same condition as you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
· Several types of goods are exempt from being returned / exchanged such as electrical products or custom products of any and all nature and once off imported products (RSA non-stock items – we reserve the right to determine and change without notice products that are or are not RSA non-stock items).
· To complete your return / exchange, we require the original Gratus & Gratus receipt (invoice). · Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer / importer as they do not have record of your purchase or warranty information. This may lead to the loss or damage of your purchase which we take no responsibility or liability for.
Are there any charges related to a return / exchange?
· You will be charged an administrative fee of 10% on the nett value of returned products.
· Exchanged products carry no administrative fee if the nett value of the new item is no less than 70% of the nett value of the exchanged item.
· The administrative fee will be deducted and displayed on your credit note as such.
There are certain
situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
· Any products not in its original condition and/or damaged and/or parts are missing for reasons not due to our error.
· Any products that is returned more than ten (10) days after delivery.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return / exchange is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned / exchanged item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund / exchange. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed and a credit, inclusive of any administration fees or shipping costs for your account, will automatically be applied to your bank account via EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), within 21 days of approval.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, please check your bank account first. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at or +27 11 234 5613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale products (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded under any circumstance.
To return your product, please contact us for the required return address. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your products to us. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. The time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary, and we hold no responsibility for the Couriers timing and/or late delivery and/or loss of your delivery products. You will be issued with a Track and Trace number provided to us by the courier company. If you are shipping an item to us for return / exchange over the value of R 500-00, you should consider using a trackable shipping service and/or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned products.
We offer multiple shipping options to our customers via reputable third-party couriers / freight forwarders that we have been using for years, either locally or internationally. This allows you, our customer, to receive your product on time and in good condition. We also provide in house delivery within the borders of RSA.
Do we ship internationally?
· We do ship internationally via a third-party freight forwarding company. This allows for South African Customs and SARS to be kept in check and within South African legislation.
· This means that you will receive an invoice from our freight forwarder and will conduct all payments and shipping requests with them directly.
· You may use your own shipping company, however in this regard we reserve the right to charge the South African Rated Value Added Tax of 15% onto the purchased items. Your shipping company will then have to, on your behalf, claim the Value-Added Tax portion from The South African Customs at the point of exit / entry.
· We do not zero Value Added Tax on any of our Tax Invoices whatsoever for any reason.
What are your shipping options?
· We use reputable third-party couriers for shipping anywhere in RSA.
· Please specify your correct address and contact person information upon quotation. Return to sender shipments will be re-shipped at your own cost.
· Gratus is not liable for any shipment not delivered in the specified time frame and you as our customer agrees to this before shipping commences.
· You accept that once the courier, shipping agent, freight forwarder or any assigned third party signs the Gratus POD, Gratus is no longer liable for any loss or damage to the shipment and by proceeding with any above shipment method you accept to indemnify Gratus Tooling Industrial Supplies (Pty) Ltd, all its divisions including but not limited to Gratus and any persons or organisations connected to Gratus, a division of Gratus Tooling Industrial Supplies (Pty) Ltd of any / all legal action from yourselves, your affiliates and/ or third parties.
What will the shipping cost be?
· Costs are determined by the specific courier and will be quoted to you by us on your Gratus quotation or Tax Invoice
· These costs are payable in full to us before shipping takes place along with the items requiring shipping.
When will you receive your goods?
· This will be discussed upon requesting shipping as there are multiple options available that are area specific.
· As we use third parties and depending on your pocket, we will attempt to tailor a shipping solution that meets your needs.
What happens if there are items missing from your shipment?
· We package and check all parcels before shipping in house. This makes it very difficult for you not to receive what you ordered. However, in the event of items missing please contact us as soon as you receive your parcel and we will assist where we can with the courier in question on your behalf.
· You have accepted to lay no form of responsibility or liability on Gratus once the Gratus POD is signed by a third party, we reserve this right and unfortunately will not replace the missing items if it is not resolved with the courier in question.
How will you be able to track your parcel?
· Our couriers all use Track & Trace numbers; this information will be provided to you once we have received it from the couriers so that you can keep track of your parcel for your convenience.
What personal information do we collect from you when visiting our website?
When enquiring on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help us improve your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter or fill out our enquiry form on our contact us page.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
• To allow us to
promptly respond to your customer service needs.
• To send periodic emails regarding other products and services that we offer.
• To follow up with you after your submission via email or telephonically.
How do we protect your information?
· We only provide
information regarding our products which are supplied to us from the
· We never ask for credit card and/or bank account details on our website.
· We use regular Malware Scanning via Google Webmaster Tools and further third-party scanners.
· Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
· We implement a variety of security measures when the user enters and submits their information. This maintains the safety of your personal information.
· We DO NOT process any payment transactions on this website via our servers and/or a third-party gateway or servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
· Compile aggregate
data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site
experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party
services that track this information on our behalf.
· You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
· If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won't affect your experience. Third-party disclosure We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We may use Google AdSense Advertising on our website
We have implemented the following:
• Google Display
Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
• DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It is important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking
Users can visit our
You can change your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information,
respond to enquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
• Not to use false or
misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by South African Legislation.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator is acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.